Christmas Wishes for Ribbleton12/12/2011 by Che Seymour
St Mary Magdalene C of E Church in Ribbleton held a Table Top Sale and Christmas Mini-Market on December 3rd. There were stalls to raise money for the church and for local charities, a Lancashire hotpot lunch and music from the Preston FM Christmas archive.
We asked people there to speak up and tell us their Christmas wishes for Ribbleton -
And here are some more Christmas wishes people had for the area:
- After school activities, such as football
- Better social housing – too many people, too few rooms
- Stop violent crime in the area
- Better quality shops
- A sense of community
- No loose dogs!
- A decent patch for the kids
- Less flytipping (around the old workhouse, nr Gamull)
- More traffic lights since cars don’t stop for pedestrians at pelican crossings
- No roadworks!
- Meeting places for teenagers
- Hope everyone lives in harmony
- Gateway to include more streets in its walkabout
- More facilities for toddlers and babies
- Hope that Church of Ascention/YMCA gets built in Brookfield
Thanks to everyone who visited and to all who helped make the Table Top Sale and Christmas Mini-Market at St Mary Magdalene Church a smashing success!